Cats Like to Look Cool

One of the most delightful traits of cats is that they try to look cool! 

Despite their sure-footedness, they knock over lamps, push food out of cupboards, scatter stuff like packing peanuts over a wide area, slap down stacks of papers and then roll in them...in a phrase, they cause messes

Except the messes aren't messes--they are, ah, art, interior decorating, intentional rearrangements of one's living room (and yes, I am anthropomorphizing).

The first cat that I took complete responsibility for, Aurora, once ran across my table, slid into the glass doors, got up and sauntered away. It wasn't a mistake. It was a stunt!

The two pictures here illustrate the sheer delight of cats that cause messes and then, like Akihito, claim, "It wasn't me. I didn't do it!" 

In both cases, the human-animal hybrid makes the jokes (even) funnier, like Cat from Red Dwarf.


No comments: