Animated Characters I Feel Sorry For


Wile E. Coyote: I hated the Coyote/Roadrunner cartoon when I was a kid. I loathed the obnoxious, patronizing Roadrunner. I wanted Wile E. Coyote to get that stupid bird!

Granted, I've never been a huge fan of falling anvils. I wasn't one of those kids who chuckled when the cartoon character made a cartoon character hole in the pavement. But mostly, it was the teasing that got me. Talk about stomping on a guy's bruised ego! Besides, I'm a circle-of-life type of gal: the coyote should occasionally bring down his prey, ripping it to shreds and engorging himself on its entrails.

Silly Rabbit: "Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids!"

Stupid kids. Give the guy a break!

It's enough to make me go kamikaze-Politically-Correct here and start the Society to Prevent the Disenfranchisement of Cartoon Characters (the Doctor from Star Trek: Voyager will get an honorary membership).

Bambi: I was never a fan of this movie. In all honesty, I don't think it was the mother's death so much as the fire. I was absolutely terrified of fire when I was a child--that's a whole 'nother post--and the scene of the forest on fire was considerably more than my nightmare-prone little soul could bear.

Charlie Brown: I never thought it was funny that Lucy would pull away the football at the last minute. Consequently, I preferred the strips that focused on Linus.
If you are noticing a theme, yeah, I dislike watching people get hurt or mocked or otherwise abused.

On the other hand, Snow White just annoys me. But she probably should be pitied for having to clean for seven slobs and marry a guy who knows absolutely nothing about her (on the other other hand, my sense of historical context plus commonsense kicks in and points out she is still better off married to a prince than lying in a coffin or serving as a maid).

Wonder Woman because she can't catch a writing break.
But Temperance Brennan does make a reputable attempt!


No comments: