International Chocolate Day

Today, September 13th, is International Chocolate Day! 

Like many of the women in my family, I love chocolate. However, I love it like a fan, not an expert (so this post could fall in the "Things I Like Anyway" category). That is, when I purchase candy bars, I often choose Hershey's and 3 Musketeers and such. 

When it comes to baked goods--which I prefer--I'm completely the opposite: very picky and snobbish. I only eat certain pies made by certain bakeries. I will only eat chocolate-filled croissants (my favorite dessert) made by certain bakeries (at one point, I learned to make them myself, and they turned out okay, but it's a lot of work--and butter). 

Borrowed picture--
hers had the same texture.
My mother agrees with me about baked goods but is as fussy about chocolate as I am about brownies and cakes. She sees absolutely no point in the stuff "that tastes like wax." 

To her credit, when I was growing up, she made a chocolate mousse pie that satisfied both of my tastebud needs: lovely, smooth chocolate in a perfect crust.

No comments: