Michael Rooker: Hard to Classify

In the episode "Disturbed," Season 5 of Numb3rs, Colby and Liz Warner have the following exchange:
Colby: Hey,what's that movie with Al Pacino-- he's a cop, and he ends up sleeping with Ellen Barkin, and then it turns out that her ex-husband was the killer?
Liz: Sea of Love.
Colby: No,that wasn't it.
Liz: Yeah, it is. Seen it, like, five times.
Colby: You a big Pacino fan?
Liz: No. Michael Rooker fan. He was Henry in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer.
Colby: Oh, yeah, that guy. That guy's always the killer.
Liz: No, he's not. You ever seen The Replacement Killers? He was the cop.
This exchange is apparently a reference to Michael Rooker appearing in Numb3rs' unaired pilot as Don Eppes' partner. At the time that I watched this episode, however, I had no idea who he was. Then, I saw him in Psych.

And then in Chuck.

And finally, I figured out that Yondu from Guardians of the Galaxy was Michael Rooker:

So now I'm a fan too.

No comments: